photo Jane Richmond_zpsux4wawxl.png

Monday, February 20, 2012

Level 3

 In the spirit of sneak peaks I wanted to share what's on my needles. 

I've just finished a heap of deadline knitting and pattern writing that will not be published by me (something I've never done before!). I was hungry to knit something fun, mindless, and most importantly, quick! 


Recently I shared with you my urge to dive into my WIP bags rather than start something brand new. Now I told you about my system, and the two main catagories I have for Works-In-Progress:
  
Level 1 | Brown Bags: Recent projects kept at eye level and within arms reach, with the intention of working on them in the near future.
Level 2 | Top Shelf: Projects in long-term hibernation with no deadline. This is where WIPs go when they need a "Time-Out". 

But I forgot to mention category number 3...

Level 3 | Boxes: These WIPs don't even live on the shelf anymore, their home is in one of two boxes kept in the closet of my office, they rarely see the light of day.  

 This yarn came from a level 3 project that I decided to frog...


This yarn is special to me because at a time when my yarn budget was almost zero a good friend of mine bought it for me because she knew how much I liked it (Thank you Zo).

The yarn is Rondo by Sandnes Garn and it's morphed into a lot of different design ideas since it was gifted to me. It also happens to be discontinued which means after this sample is complete I'll be on the hunt for a good substitute. 



...so far I'm really pleased with the outcome. I cast on for this cardigan on Friday afternoon and it's just flying off my needles. It's also incredibly cozy so I'm highly motivated to finish!

14 comments:

  1. Love!!!! But I need the funnel neck! Add that button on girlie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. weeee! i looove it! i want to wear it ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you're a machine! You're almost done - and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what's the pattern???? I wanna make it tooooooooo!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cardigan is looking fantastic! In the top photo's it totally looks finished, and then as I scrolled down and more of the sweater is revealed it became clear that you were modeling a nice bulky cropped top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this looks so incredibly cozy! This is the perfect cardigan for the weather that we've been having lately...cold and dreary. This cardi looks like something I would love to wrap myself up in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cardigan! It seems sooooo comfy! Is it a future pattern of yours? I hope so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your bulky knits...this is looking lovely :)...thanks for the sneak peak!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! Do you normally sew your buttons on as you go? Are they perhaps (ingeniously, now that I think about it!) knitted on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always sew my buttons on as I go, it is crucial if you want to see how something is fitting... plus I have an enormous bag of mismatched buttons to choose from :)

      Delete
  10. This is adorable, Jane! I am curious about the buttons, now, too ... Love the color of that yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't tell from the photo but these buttons are totally mismatched... not one being alike. I have a ginormous bag of hand me down buttons from a button collecting friend, they were the cast offs, trouble is you can't find a set so I still have to buy buttons when I've completed a project, lol.

      Delete
  11. Now this looks like my kind of sweater to knit. Will you be releasing the pattern anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yarn unfortunately is discontinued so I had to source a substitute. The pattern will be available as soon as I've finished knitting sweater number 2 and all of the appropriate editing work has been done. It should be soon, it's a very quick knit!

      Delete